The Faulkner-Van Buren County Libraries children’s departments take pride in our services. Each branch offers children and family opportunities through literacy and education that will encourage the use of imagination, creativity and intellectual freedom. Be sure and check out our weekly activities.
Click to View and Print Calender's
Conway : June & July
Damascus: June & July
Greenbrier: June & July
Mayflower: June & July
Mt. Vernon: June & July
Twin Groves: June & July
Van Buren County: June & July
Vilonia: June & July
Faulkner County Library System Only
Summer Reading (ages 5-7)
Young readers reading Easy or Easy Readers
Children’s registration form:
Summer sign-up for children ages 5-7 years reading Easy (E) or Easy Reader (ER) books. Children reading Juvenile Fiction (JF) should sign-up under the T'ween reading program to allow for success.
This is a summer reading incentive program. Children are encouraged to read books throughout the summer. The books read by participants must be written down on the reading log in order for children to receive a prize. Download log here or pick one up from a participating library.
Rules: Only one Large or EX Large prize per participant. If the top goal prize is obtained, participants are encouraged to continue reading. The books read must be checked out from the library. Write each book read on a line of the reading log. The reading log will be marked as benchmarks are achieved. Reading logs can be turned in at any branch location; however, Large and EX Large prizes will only be available at the library of your choosing. When the benchmark on a reading log is completed please take the log to any participating branch location and have it marked to receive your ticket for prize purchase. Once the participant receives a ticket, no replacement for lost or stolen tickets will be given. Participants can wait to complete the entire log before turning it in but lost or stolen logs will not be counted. The participant will need to start all over in order to receive a prize.
Benchmarks, Goals, and Ticketing:
· Participants will receive one credit for every Easy or Easy Reader book read.
· When eight credits are reached (Benchmark) a ticket is awarded.
· A completed reading log will earn eight tickets (64 books read). Participants may use their tickets to get a prize or may save it for the end of summer reward. (see participating branches for their details)
· To receive a Large prize six tickets must be accumulated, in order to receive an EX-Large prize, eight tickets must be achieved (64 books read).
· Participants may spend tickets at any point; however, once a ticket is spent, another ticket for the achieved benchmarks will not be re-awarded.
· Participants can accumulate tickets or save their logs until goals are achieved, no lost, stolen or destroyed ticket/log will not be replaced. When reading logs are completed, they must be turned in to the library.
If you have questions or need any clarifications please ask a participating branch location for details.